…further along this road, I arrived at my lodgings for the night…
Formerly a command post for the Knights Templar…
From their website:
Moulin Banal: former name of the Moulin des Templiers
- In 1167 next to the river is located the Moulin Banal (attached to the Commandery of Knights Templar Island) and the chapel of St Jean Baptiste. Donation of a lord of Avallon the Templars.
- 1506 the pastor of Pontaubert is still reading the Mass in the chapel
- 1569 The Huguenot family, masters of Vézelay burned the Moulin Banal of Pontaubert and the small chapel.
- 1910 Its last function was ice blocks making.
- 1925 It was converted into a hotel.
Waking up to the sounds of birds chirping and water dancing along the riverbed…
…and according to the GPS…
…this is my hotel..??? 🙂
…did I eventually find my hotel? 🙂